15/12/2011 Issue 53 EUROPEN Bulletin
IN THIS ISSUE we say “Au revoir!” to Julian Carroll as Managing Director of EUROPEN and welcome Véronique Bagge as his successor starting in January 2012. We report on the future potential revision of the Packaging & Packaging Waste Directive, the Commission’s assessment of Economic Instruments and waste management, as well as the ongoing EUROPENplus project on Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) as the commonly used economic instrument for packaging waste. We further report on the EU Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP) policy developments and how these affect the business of EUROPEN members; and announce the launch of the Green Paper on Packaging and Sustainability, which concludes that packaging should be seen as part of the solution in achieving a resource efficient society.
Download the Bulletin in screen - and in print - friendly formats at the end of this page.
• Packaging & Packaging Waste Directive: Upcoming Policy Developments
• Economic Instruments and Waste Management
• ACR+ Conference on Economic Instruments
• Sustainable Consumption and Production (SCP)
• Welcome to the new EUROPEN Managing Director, Véronique Bagge
• Green Paper on Packaging Sustainability
• Follow EUROPEN on Twitter
• EUROPEN meetings Q1 2012
< back to list