The dates alongside each heading indicate the most recent document or update of that section.
- 03/11/09 Prevention
- Directive 94/62/EC on packaging and packaging waste contains provisions on prevention. Indeed, most of its provisions can be regarded as contributing to meeting the "prevention" objectives in some way or other. Unfortunately, not all of these provisions are properly implemented and enforced in... more >
- 24/09/09 Producer Responsibility
- Producer responsibility is the producer's part of a shared responsibility for the environmental impact of activities. The principle of shared responsibility establishes that all participants in a supply chain, from production to consumption, accept responsibility for the environmental impacts... more >
- 05/04/07 Recovery (including recovery targets, systems and fees)
- The Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive sets targets for the amount of packaging waste that must be recovered and requires national governments to ensure that systems are set up for the return or collection of used packaging. EUROPEN is convinced that operators need flexibility to choose... more >